Let me introduce you to this little ray of sunshine named Jori. God crossed our paths through bible study and drew us closer by placing us together in a small prayer group within the same study. She blessed me back then when we prayed for each other, but little did I know how much she would bless me today.
Jori is a totally adorable mom of two handsome young boys that don’t leave the house without matching clothes. She adores her husband and sings his praises often, as she should. He rocks. Most of all she loves the Lord. Sit back and watch the heart and insightfulness of this organized, intentional, big hearted baking maven unfold.
1. Her confidence – Jori walks with grace and confidence in her calling because she has no doubt it is from the Lord and that she is serving him as she is called. This confidence only comes from knowing God, talking with him, laying all decisions at his feet and following where he tells you to go.
2. She shares her gift – She shares her recipes and techniques with others. She wants them to enjoy what she does. There is no fear that someone might copy her, do a better job than her or that she might lose business. In return, her business thrives. As a free gift for joining the Hunt & Host email group you will get Jori’s sugar cookie recipe – you have to use the link below in this post!
3. The blessings she pours out continually flow back to her. Between what Jori said and other stories I know of her, she and her husband do amazing things out of the goodness of their hearts. They get paid back in ways they never could have imagined – and absolutely never expected.
4 Family affair – Jori makes her gift a family affair. Her children are incredible at giving her time when she needs it because she gives them time when they need it. They have no fear of where they stand in Jori’s priority order. They wait patiently because they know they will have a turn shortly. It is a beautiful balance. (trust me – they were quietly playing at home the whole time we talked!)
5. She is honest – Telling us she got greedy. Amazing. To recognize that, confess it, pray against it and makes changes to avoid it are such hard things for all of us to do. It is the only way to keep a healthy balance, stay in God’s will and not work out of self. Thank you Jori for letting us know we aren’t alone in our struggles.
6. Organization – Jori is organized. It’s how she gets things done and done well. She makes deliberate time for her family, herself, her talent, her job and her business. Failure to organize usually puts time for sharing our talents on the back burner to a place they rarely get utilized. When your priorities are in order and your schedule reflects that then things fall into place as they should. Guilt has nowhere to fit.
Jori is also momma to Lola and Ruby, two mutt mixes as well as four chickens – Boo Boo Chicken, Chick-o-letta and two named Stuffy. While we were checking out the chicks the dogs got loose in the yard. An all out crazy mess ensued. Ruby literally was one bite away from a chicken dinner. I’ve never seen such. Luckily we wrangled all the flyin fur and feathers with all unscathed. Our legs were shaky and hearts pounding. It was a close call. Can’t beat a day with a friend full of coffee, chatting and chickens!
Here are the quick steps to crumb coat a cake. What is that and why is it important? It is a thin layer of icing you coat a cake with. After the crumb coat you cool the cake and frosting in the fridge. The icing firms up and gives a smooth base for your final decorative coat of icing. It’s the way all professionals do it! Jori then pipes her icing on from a large pastry bag and smooths it from there! Thanks for the tip Jori!
Connect more here: