This week we are chatting with the sweetest of sweet people I know. She oozes peace and love. This girl has slightly funky taste that is unique and inspirational. Just like her. If you want a faithful till the end friend and prayer women you need to meet her. Crystal is a blessing in my life and I know she will be in yours too. When she is not quietly hunting for precious moments behind a camera she is loving on her husband and two children. Oh, and she is a teacher of amazing skill. What can’t she do? Nothing… without Christ…and she will be the first to tell you that. Please find some time to hang out with us girls on her couch as we share life.
I love having a conversation with a friend that I get to go back over and relive. Learning about what makes people tick is such a blessing to me. The funny thing is, no matter what our gift or “thing” is, we are all so alike.
Some truths I gleamed from my talk with Crystal are as follows:
1. There is always a progression – Most of us will find that our love surfaced at a young age in some form or fashion. Then over time it develops. The real test of will is to practice patience when we actually realize our gift is a gift and we learn what to do with it. Moving forward with knowledge can be so exciting. It can also be dangerous to move ahead on your own. We want to run with our gift and new assignment that comes from God. Sometimes he does move quickly and that running thing works. But sometimes he wants us to take baby steps of prayer and obedience so we can grow at the same rate our gift does, and at the rate he desires for us. It is a tough balance, but much needed. The good news is, there is progression. Whatever you do, the more you invest, practice and work on it, the better you will get at it!
2. Life changing moments often draw focus to our gift – We get married, have children, maybe we need some extra money, someone passes away, we lose our job, we get sick. These situations can sometimes seem like a major bump in the road, good or bad. The bump usually shines your headlights in a different direction, right onto your true God given gifts and talents. When you trace the events in your life, what things do you cling to? That might be right where your talent lies.
3. Our gifts connect us to others – God made us to be in communion with him and with each other. His love is so perfect that he blessed us all with different parts and pieces to fill in each other’s gaps, to draw us to each other. We need each other to live a full complete life on this earth. So, how awesome is it that he gifted us each uniquely in a way that will serve someone else? Built in tools for connection. Whatever you have in you, someone else lacks and vice versa. Amazing.
4. The enemy attacks – Let me tell you a bet you can place and win every time. I bet if you are doing something God asks of you, Satan will attack. It isn’t a matter of if, it is a matter of how and when. It is going to happen. That is the enemy’s goal. So if you are walking in obedience you have to armor up. Pray, be in the word, have prayer warriors, do all you know to thwart the attack that is coming. If not, he might win altogether or at the very least steal joy. God doesn’t want that. If you ask Christ to walk with you he will be for you. And who then can be against you?
5. One on One time – The beautiful thing about walking in your gift is that God carves out special moments to spend with you. When you are knee deep in living out the gift he gave you it brings him joy. In those moments you may be all alone in the quiet of a craft room or the world may be spinning around you, but God will speak to you. He wants to connect with you and watch the seeds he planted flourish.
Crystal’s love of photography pours through her adorably decorated home. There is no doubt that love lives in these walls and all the photos show you who that love lands on. She felt strongly that God told her to share ways to display these precious family memories with you. Get your photos off your camera! Follow me as we meander around her home and see the fun ways Crystal shows off her mad skills. Be sure to visit some of her favorite sites for additional inspiration and photo prints. clickinmoms.com or mpix.com
Here Crystal displays a gallery of photographs, prints and random art that mixes together with style and grace. She changes the prints out regularly to keep it fresh and up to date.
I especially love how Crystal’s daughter loves to display photos. She is always asking mom to print some pictures for her. She too changes out the pictures in her room regularly and uses this old chip bag display to showcase her pics.
Be sure to follow the fun here: